Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Real Retail

After years of detesting WM, I have recently discovered that Target is just as bad. Although Target will always be a more pleasant shopping experience, for a variety of reasons, it looks like there is no political, economical or even social reason to pretend they are any better than WM. 
It appears that the CEO, although probably the norm among CEOs today, makes about 22k an hour!! That's right - an hour. While, as we can all guess, the majority of the employees are making nil. This number is double what WM's CEO makes. This is just one of the number of things that Target, as a corporation is doing wrong. Why is it that more often than not the $ is divided to create the few wealthy and the majority "scape by"? It is life. Not good enough. It is the way we work and have always been. Not good enough.
This broke my retail heart, as I depend on Target for my one-stop-of-all-things-essential. Although no  company can really escape the belittling of the "masses" by dominating with the dollar, we as consumers can make best decisions based on what we do know. Support local businesses that care about their employees and you. 
This is about as raw as it gets people. Hope you gained a bit of insight. I promise most posts won't have such a big 'agenda'. 

2 comments:

  1. Try Costco the workers there make alot more than average. I like spending my money supporting people whose jobs can be considered careers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ryan. I do appreciate Costco. They seem to treat their employees very well. I also can't resist their prices on organic berries during the summer!

    ReplyDelete